Locked Out?! Try This…
So, you’re trying to reset your admin password but your site is not sending the password reset email. This is one of the most annoying issues you will encounter as an Admin. But, do not worry, there is a very simple solution. It’s time to go hacker!
- Login to your C-Panel
- Go to MyPHPAdmin
- Find your database
- Go to your wp_users table and find your admin account
- Got to http://www.miraclesalad.com/webtools/md5.php to generate a new hashed password.
- Type your new password (make it strong) and the page will create your hash (series of characters)
- Copy and Paste the hash into the “password” field of your user.
- Now go to your login page and type your new password.
That’s pretty much it.
Edgar is the founder and CEO of Sitenetic. He has a passion for business and technology. In his spare time he volunteers teaching software development to inner city youth.